Thursday, July 26, 2007

Finally talked with my caseworker!

My caseworker called this afternoon. I think she had been putting off the call because she thought she was giving me bad news.

The short story is that my agency has gotten very concerned over the last State Department memo. They don't want to start any new cases until the Hague issues are resolved.

However (good news alert), my caseworker is going to talk with the program director and the lawyers to see if I can re-start my process anyway. Since I had already started the process, I may be able to continue now. My situation is rather unique since I have the flexibility of working remotely from Guatemala.

It's a long shot for them to agree for me to re-start my process. I'm 100% calm & excited all at the same time. I figure if it's supposed to happen now, it will. If it's supposed to happen later, it will. Divine timing - it's all divine timing!

I'd truly love to hear her voice tomorrow. I'd truly love to hear her say, "Okay, Lucinda, get going with that paperwork ASAP because we're going to see if we can make this happen!"

No comments: