Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Sarah Can See!

The highlight of my day was holding a 2 year old little girl before her eye exam. Okay, that's not quite true - holding her before her exam was only the second best highlight of my day.

Watching her expression when she could see was the HIGHLIGHT of my day!

Just to prove that God knows what He's doing.... this little one has terrible vision (+2.00/+3.00) and she's tiny. Kevin searched through his bag of child glasses and found a perfect pair of glasses with the exact prescription she needed.

As soon as she was wearing them, she smiled & laughed. I waved at her, and she waved back. The pigtails in her hair were bobbing all around as she looked around her.

I told her family (through the interpreter) about my brother. When he was fitted with glasses, he was fascinated that there were holes in his crackers. He hadn't seen them before he had glasses. I told them to expect lots of excitement and happiness as she explored her new world.

Regardless of the travel woes and tensions, today's experience with little Sarah made my entire trip worthwhile!!

No comments: