Monday, March 12, 2007

Another Info Night

Today I read a packet from a local adoption agency that arrived in the mail this weekend. Since I didn't get my mail until this morning, I'm GLAD I opened it on the way to work.

There's an orientation and information meeting tonight. The orientation is for people who are considering foster or adoptive parenting. Luckily, it's literally 5 minutes drive from my client site so I won't have to worry about traffic.

Not sure that I want to foster. After conversations with other adoptive moms during the weekend, I am open about adopting a sibling group.

It's ironic. I adopted my two cats (yes, I use adopted because we ARE a forever family) after saying for months that I only wanted to adopt one kitten. Having the two together is so much fun! I can't imagine having one without the other.

I know sibling group automatically means older child. I have started saying I'm open to where my child(ren) are. I guess that means emotionally I'm already a mom to more than one child.

Check back... I'm sure I'll have more opinions after the orientation....

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Have fun at your meeting. I am sure it will help answer some of your questions and raise new ones!