Saturday, March 17, 2007

Gratitude


With the week I had... I think it's important that I pay attention to the Grains of Gratitude running through Blogland....
I am grateful for
  • Living in the United States - with all our fusses and sometimes idiotic politicians, we still live in a country with the most opportunity, most abundance, most freedom of any country on the planet
  • Friendships like Ferelith - she called today and it was so good to chat with her! I told her that the last two weekends I really, really, really wished she lived in Arizona instead of Wisconsin! She's the kind of friend that you just love to sit in her kitchen and talk about everything. You don't have to do something to enjoy being with her
  • March Madness - oh yeah! I love college basketball and my teams (Purdue & Kentucky) are still playing in the tournament (big cause of excitement because both teams were less than consistent during the regular season)
  • my DVR because I can watch TV when I want instead of when the show is on. This morning I enjoyed Grey's Anatomy and two Oprah shows
  • my parents are still alive and still married to each other after 40+ years together! My dad is forgetting some stuff these days, and I try to say that it's ok he sometimes forgets
  • my choices, my decisions, and my future - they are all wrapped together because I truly believe the decisions I make TODAY will shape the choices I have tomorrow!
  • my patio - honestly, I love sitting on my patio and watching the sun set in the distance. It is truly spectacular to see the streaks of red & purple in the sky
  • delicious Asian halibut that I had in the middle of the afternoon (sort of a lunch/dinner combination) at The Keg Steakhouse
  • art shows like Celebration of Fine Art so I can wander around and dream of different houses with different art themes
  • white wine with cheese & crackers (goes especially well with sunsets on my patio)
  • people I met via blogs and the joy I feel in reading their blogs and their comments on my blogs... it really is a lovely, little community!

No comments: