Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Six months from now

Last night I decided to write a description of my life as if today was Sept. 27, 2007. Believe it or not, that is just six short months from now....

Instead of sharing all the things I wrote, I will share a few lines.

The house remodel is finally complete, and I'm content to live there another year or two. Then I have to decide on a new place - I still might buy 2 places to go between them. Sometimes I think of Mr. Almost-Not-Quite & now I just wish him well when I remember him. He's there in my heart & I treasure him for lots of good memories. I'm still not ready yet to be a mom. No idea why I have such a clear desire to be a mom and yet I'm still waiting. It seems like a baby will come to me soon ~ just have no idea how.

This might be the longest gestation in the world of man. I still feel like I'm preparing my home and heart for a child or children. Isn't it interesting how my insides tied my heart & home together so easily with the children who are coming soon?

It's all good.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Going with the flow is a good thing to learn in the world of adoption!!!! I like the word "abide." It means to dwell or rest. It is certainly needed in life. I think it's great that you have that skill. Angel