Wednesday, September 26, 2007

How You Can Help Others

My original agency stopped me from starting my paperwork to adopt from Guatemala or I would be in the same position as thousands of families who are waiting for their children's adoptions to be finalized.

If you have ever adopted, you know what it's like to wait for paperwork & bureaucracy.

Even if you haven't adopted, I'm sure there have been moments where you longed for something or someone. In the midst of all the obstacles, hurdles, negative opinions, you still longed for what your heart wanted most.

You can help all the families who are currently in process by contacting your congressional representatives - House & Senate. You can contact the Department of State and ask them what the #@%* they are doing to our citizens. You can find your representatives by clicking on this link and entering your zipcode in the upper right hand corner where it says Find Your Officials.

It's easy to send email or a printed letter right from this website. I just sent a short email to all my officials, and I will also follow-up with phone calls to my senators.

If you want a clear list of things to do, you can visit Cheri's blog. She lists the contact information for the Department of State and the White House.

Please take 10 minutes to tell your representatives that they have work to do to take care of our citizens. This situation shouldn't be about politics. It should be about caring for children who need homes and the people willing to give them homes.

No comments: