Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Considering direct adoption with attorney

Last week I was approached by people who have adopted directly. That means that they worked directly with adoption attorney in Guatemala instead of using an agency.

While I spent most of the weekend at a family reunion in Kentucky, my brain kept going back and forth about this idea. It felt funny to be distrustful of someone offering help, but there are a lot of adoption scams and corruption.

Today a trusted friend contacted me with personal contacts of people who are adopting directly with attorney in Guatemala.

I'm asking them for more information so we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Hmm. Not sure if I should write this... Well, check out "jesuswasnotarepublican" blog.
You know that I would encourage you to adopt from Guat., but I think it might be better to wait a bit. Things are just too unsteady right now.