Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Live conversation about Guatemala

This morning I spoke with one of the Agency Guatemala program coordinators. She was wonderful and easy to talk with. Every question was answered or she referred me to someone within Agency who could answer my question.

When I answered the phone, I had butterflies and the nervous sound of my voice was apparent. I started with easy questions like how I find a homestudy provider in Arizona. She explained what information they have and how they would guide me.

I'm not sure why, but I even asked about the financial aspects of adopting sibling groups. Somehow in my mind I have two daughters (although I'm fairly certain that I'm only adopting one child this time). She did tell me that sibling groups are available in Guatemala, so that was interesting information.

She suggested I consider asking for approval for two children in the homestudy process and with INS. That way IF a sibling group is available and IF we match, the government paperwork doesn't have to be redone.

It was great just to chat with a live person who has answers.

No comments: