Sunday, November 19, 2006

Odd thoughts in midst of football game

I love football! It's been my favorite fall activity for years.

Today I went to see a professional game with a guy friend. During the game, the camera people put crowd shots on the Jumbotron. Toddlers and children cheering for the team kept making me smile.

I was thinking that next year I'd have a cute little one dressed in my team's colors. Or, maybe I'd need a babysitter because the noise would be too much for her. Or, maybe I wouldn't want to go to the games any longer.

As we were driving home after the game, my guy friend starts telling his dating stories. He says it's difficult to date a single mom because you never know if you're interfering. But, at the same time, you like the feeling of 'being dad.'

As I'm listening to him, I know I'm going to be a single mom. I wonder if I'll even have the desire to date because dating as a mom will be an entirely different situation.

I don't say anything to him. It feels a little too uncertain yet, and I know he'll try to talk me out of adopting.

As if anyone could talk me out of it at this point.

No comments: