Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"Okay, dear, go ahead"

This afternoon I decide that it's better to move forward than to wait any longer. I heard from the Agency reference families, and the references were all strong/positive. I spoke with one of the two women responsible for the Guatemala program.

Everything feels great.

So, I decide to submit the application today. Thank God for the internet because I can take care of everything online.

After I entered the information, suddenly I'm feeling a little freaked out. I call my parents who are traveling to Kentucky to visit my dad's mom and family. My dad is telling me that my brother is driving too fast. My mom is focused on getting the gallons recorded so she can calculate the mileage for the car.

I announce that I'm getting ready to send the application. I'm not sure if my mom is distracted or not comprehending what I'm saying or just not sure what to say.

"Okay, dear, go ahead if that's what you want"

It's funny. My parents definitely wouldn't have been present if I was married and conceiving a biological child. But, they are on the phone with me when I press the "send application" button.

My biggest life-changing decision gets made with the push of a button

No comments: