Friday, December 29, 2006

Form I-600A is my next big milestone!

As I mentioned earlier this week, the U.S. Department of State released this info regarding adoptions from Guatemala. When the U.S. chooses to implement the Hague Convention, it will no longer allow adoptions from Guatemala. The specific wording is:

It is important to note that U.S. law provides for a transition period and that orphan petitions (I-600A) filed with the Department of Homeland Security before the Convention enters into force for the United States will not be subject to the new regulations implementing the Convention.

Marla put my mind and heart at ease because I-600A is the FIRST form. I thought it was the final form so I was a little panicked at getting everything done as soon as possible.

What a relief!

However, I still feel like I need to act quickly. Just like other major life decisions, when I feel peace about moving forward with something, I'm ready to do what I'm led to do. The times I ignored my "urge to act" in the past created untold misery, and the times I acted before I felt peace also produced less-than-great results.

So, I know it's time. I can feel it & I'm excited about it.

No comments: