Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Future Monopoly games

I received the updated "Here & Now" Monopoly game as one of my Christmas gifts. I spent countless hours playing Monopoly as a child. My neighbor Denise had a game and there were times during the summer that we would set up the board in her basement & play for days at a time. We were lucky her parents let us leave the board set up all the time.

After I received the game as a gift, my brothers and I would play for hours at a time. Yes, we had squabbles over the board - "you're cheating!" "Hey, that's not fair!" "Mom, he's not playing nicely!" But, we also had a lot of fun and happy memories.

Tonight my dad, my mom, and brother Leon played with me. It meant a lot to me that we spent time together as a family. As I grow older, it seems like the time with my family grows shorter with every visit. I'm not sure I'd want to live in the same town with them, but it would be fun to live closer and see each other more often.

I am looking forward to future Monopoly games with my daughter and my family. I think we might need to start with the Monopoly Junior game.

No comments: