Friday, December 8, 2006

When in doubt

Last night I was feeling overwhelmed. I was worrying over the dollars and the timing. By the time I stopped myself, I was already feeling a little panicky.

Before going to bed, I read a page from Alan Cohen's book A Deep Breath of Life and it was PERFECT to address how I was feeling. The book is designed to read one entry each day, and the entry for December 8 is titled "All Taken Care of"

"The universe provides for all our needs if we trust it. The God that created countless stars and fathomless seas is able to create abundance for us to the extent we require it. Our job is to listen to our guidance and trust."

Reading those words gave me comfort and peace. I allow God to provide everything I need when I need it ~ especially with regard to my adoption.

After spending some time in meditation and prayer last night, I am going to wait a few weeks to mail the agency agreement and initial questionnaire forms. For whatever reason I feel more peace waiting until after the holidays.

I'm trusting that there is a reason to wait a few weeks, and I'm willing to wait.

No comments: