Friday, January 5, 2007

And away we go!

My agency received my legal agreement and first payment today. Right after my FedEx email saying the payment was delivered, another email was waiting to be read. The email had a link to my adoption planner with a master checklist, steps to complete, etc.

It's easy to see that I have a lot to do. It's also helpful to have it laid out in order so I can stay focused and on track.

A requirement for submitting the I-600A form is my birth certificate. I have a copy, but I'm not 100% sure it's a copy that the government will accept. I'd rather be safe than delayed so I ordered three more copies of my birth certificate. With any luck at all, it will be here within a week and I can submit the I-600A.

My agency says it takes 3-4 months to process the I-600A. I just want to get it filed as soon as possible because of this looming Hague situation.

2 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Good luck with your adoption journey!!!

Calico Sky said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I am really looking forward to reading about your journey too! If you ever want to email my email is
aspecialfamily@yahoo.com