Monday, January 15, 2007

Good vibes for Social Worker

Since my agency isn't located in Arizona, I have to find a local social worker (SW) to do my homestudy. I asked the Arizona Adoptive Families (AAF) group for referrals, and a woman who is in the process of adopting a beautiful baby boy from Guatemala responded to my posting. Actually, two people from AAF responded so I'm going to contact both referrals.

I emailed the first social worker today. She's already responded, and she has actually done a homestudy for my agency in the past. It was for a Russian adoption - not Guatemala.

The GREAT news is that if she's done a homestudy in the past that means she's already signed all the inter-agency forms, etc. That might mean she can complete the homestudy sooner.

I'm supposed to call her this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alrighty then!

Betsy
savannasaga.blog.com