Sunday, January 7, 2007

Weirdness and Rightness

Today was definitely an odd day! I spent six hours with a client, and we went to a bridal fair. Yep, I can honestly say a bridal fair would have been my last choice for how to spend a Sunday afternoon (especially when the NFL playoffs are underway). But, this client is interested in starting a mobile manicure business (email mobile.manicures@hotmail.com for more info). She wants to do bridal parties, bachelorette parties, showers, etc.

I pretended to be the bride today. For the most part, it was fun. NO ONE asked about the groom or where he was. Some forms had a groom name so I made up one (tee-hee!). When the vendors asked me about a wedding date, I said honestly, "I don't know and I'm not sure" It was easy to tell them that as I get older, the number of bridesmaids and number of guests keeps going down! lol

What was weird? Talking with several of the announcement booth vendors prompted me to consider doing pre-adoption announcements. I got a couple of strange looks when I said I was adopting and was interested in knowing if they did anything other than wedding announcements.

What felt right? Having fun with my client. Helping her get more excited about a new business venture. Thinking about my future wedding because I do believe I'll marry someday.

Honestly, I don't know when I'll date someone exclusively again.... much less feel prepared to marry a man. I'm still not sure that I'm recovered from Mr. ANQ (Almost Not Quite). I'm definitely better off that I didn't continue dating the guy I was seeing a year ago.

This week I connected with some other SAMC (single adoptive moms by choice). Maybe we need to create a club....

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Club sounds like a good idea to me.