Monday, January 29, 2007

No coincidences

As I live, I have a few principles that I believe to the very core of my being.

What goes around, comes around (the modern version of "Do unto others as you would have done to you")

Everything happens for a reason! There are no coincidences - there is a purpose to every person's life and everything that happens during that life

You only have today so live life fully in the moment!

Why focus on the negative when it's so much easier to feel positive? (aka "My glass is half-full... make that 75% full!)

Last week I started thinking about a different country mostly because I felt like I needed to have a contingency plan if something went wrong with Guatemala. There are a lot of reasons why I ought to stick with Guatemala. There are a few reasons to reconsider my country choice.

Friday during the book sharing time, my friend was sharing her book Cross Cultural Adoption and she opened the book randomly in the country section: The country was Kazakhstan

The woman who hosted Friday's event has families traveling to Kazakhstan this week. She is familiar with Guatemala and Kazakhstan. Just talking with her helped answer some questions in favor of Guatemala and she also provided positive comments about Kazakhstan.

This morning I read a post from Arizona Adoptive Families group. The woman is getting ready to travel to... Kazakhstan

Something isn't quite settled inside me now. I don't know what that means. I do know that I will give it some time to settle.

That's another core belief: Listen to your insides because your heart knows what's best for you!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I live by your same principles. They have worked well for me.

I hope you feel settled soon re: what country you will adopt from.

Kelley said...

I know how you feel. We finally decided to go for Guatemala and trust that we will receive the baby we were meant to have. Even if things don't go well in Guatemala I trust that everything will work out the way it is supposed to.