Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Birth cert here! Yippee!

Kip from UPS just delivered my birth certificates to me! Yippee! Yahoo! Outstanding!

I answered my door and greeted him with "I'm so excited to see you!" He said, "Let me guess. You're getting ready to travel and you need a passport."

"NOPE! I'm adopting a baby!"

He responded with, "oh wow! That's great!"

I told him that I might be seeing more of him with all the documents I'll be sending/receiving. Before he left, he gave me his personal cell phone in case I can't be home when I'm expecting a signature required package. What a great guy! I promised to use it only in case of emergency. [update: I neglected to mention he's happily married & has three kids so no, I won't be using his cell number for a date. LOL]

Now I get to finish the I-600A form. I will mail it, my birth certificate and $545 check to the lovely federal government.

One more step....

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Yippeee. You're getting there!

Hey, how about using the cell for a date?