Saturday, January 6, 2007

Outside of my circle of influence

I've been looking at the timetable in my planner. It may take 2-4 months for a referral for a baby girl, and it will be another 6-8 months to complete the Guatemala legal process.

Maybe I need to stop thinking she will come home in 2007...

Okay.... (deep breathing)

Those of you who know me well know that I have a saying about managing what is inside my control and letting go of what is outside my control. I love drawing circles in the air around me for what is inside my control...

What is inside my circle I will do with a happy heart. What is outside my control (timing of when she comes home) is outside my circle and I have to let it go.

She will be home when she's home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucinda. Thanks for your comment on my blog site. Yay, another SAMC (single adoptive Momma by choice). There aren't too many of us out there in the blog world. I would love to add you to my blogroll. Is that okay?

Lucinda Naia said...

Absolutely, Betsy! What fun to connect with other SAMC! We should start a club, online community, organization....

hmmmmm.......